cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 reboots just after midnight almost every night

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Hello,

Seems to be a common issue, Hub3 (and the previous versions) was fine, Hub 4 keeps rebooting itself not long after midnight.
Anything I can do about it or is it a Virginmedia thing to sort out as its their equipment?

All the connections are tight & Ive done both types of reset with the power switch & the hidden button plenty of times.

I've tried getting in touch with the @Virginmedia on Twitter & they have sent me here.
Thats after they told me to manually reboot/factory reset it & then said the cause is because they reboot the servers at that time (not true as the earlier hubs were fine)

29 REPLIES 29

@ThruSST wrote:

For anyone following this thread and engineer came out today and fitted an attenuator inline with the feed cable.

Do you know, if he did more than that? Maybe fixed someting outside?

I ask, because it seems like a problem that requires more fixing than a 3 dB attenuator.

ThruSST
On our wavelength

I wasn't in when he came round although my wife did say she saw him go outside to the connector box.
I don't envy him as there is a massive tangle of thick rose stems in front of it !

It's been OK so far

Hi @Ashleigh_C

So I've had two mornings connected to my neighbours guest wifi account as it must have dropped in the night.
The days have been ok but today my daughter said it was horrendous trying to use the internet and she had to reset it to be able to use the wifi so I guess its still not fixed...

13/1/23
13th13th

14/1/23
14th14th

15/1/23
15th15th

16/1/23
16th16th

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Same thing today although it hasn't cut out this evening, just been slow., 17/01/2023
17-01-2023.jpg

There is still a red line about 00:30 to 01:00 if you look over the past few days.
It must be something you guys are doing to make it the same every night.

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Running the signal test on the VM website & it's telling me this ...

ThruSST_0-1673998426767.png

It tells me to switch it off & check connections etc which Ive done plenty of times and of course the repowering will clear it but it shouldn't have to come to that should it !

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Hi

Further BQMs from this week - which has also had reboots at similar times of night including last night (Very early Saturday morning 21/1/23)

19/1/23
19/1/2319/1/23

20/1/23
20/1/2320/1/23

21/1/23 up to 1:30pm
21/1/23 checked at 1:30pm21/1/23 checked at 1:30pm

Still rebooting itself and there times when its hard to get any connection. "Connected but no internet"

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Update for anybody reading this thread in the future ...

Today is the early hours of 4th February.
A technician came round and fitted a new Hub4 for us on the 26th January as he said the old one was very hot and noisy.
The new one has been fine so far except for the morning of the 30th January as I was again connected to the neighbours guest wifi.

Heres a shot of the BQM from the 30th Jan
30th January30th January

Hi ThruSST, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. We're happy to hear that the engineer has changed the hub for you. Hopefully this means the connection will start behaving itself. 

Whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible so you may still see some reboots every now and then. If you have your connection to automatically connect to the neighbours then it may be worth switching this to manual as otherwise you could fine the connection flitting between the 2 networks. 

I can also see you've been in a conversation with Ashleigh since posting so if you need anything else, you can PM her directly. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ThruSST
On our wavelength

Hi Kath

Kind of odd of you to tell me not to connect to the neighbors WiFi as that is what the Virgin Media Connect app is supposed to do with any guest network. There are plenty of them about which for me is a bonus.

Anyhow apart from a couple of days with red blemishes on the BQM which also had very laggy connections it's been ok. No reboots at midnight nor during the day.
It's not as good as the original curvy hub (was it a 3?) but at least it's better than it was at Christmas time.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ThruSST, 

Thank you for your post 🌞

I am sorry you are still having issues with your service, I would advise popping a message back to Ash in regards to the ongoing issue with this, they will be sure to assist further with this.

Zoie