cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 random restarts… is it normal

Dusty_Warrior
Up to speed

I had an engineer visit this week an forgot to ask him!!!!

My hub 4 restarts randomly … nine times since 1st January.

is this normal or is something wrong?

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hubs very very rarely restart on their own, you can tell if they do by records in the log with a date of 01/01/1970.

What probably is happening is the hub is losing connection to the VM CMTS, the equipment at the other end of your cable. It then goes into a retry loop until connection is reestablished. When it happens:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Cheers 

No 1970 entries it only goes back to frying the log 🤔

Interestingly the hub went down at 8:40 last night, I was using landline at the time. Cut off call pulsing white led ring for a few minutes then everything worked again.

Router stats now showing 10.5 hours uptime which is correct but…

The last entry in the network log is 3 days ago!

No 1970 entries it only goes back to feb in the log 

Hi Dusty_Warrior, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hub, i have checked the hub and we need to look into this further for you and I will send you a private message. Please look for the purple envelope. ^Chris. 

I have replied to your PM