cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 problems

Rob1892
Tuning in

Hi,  up untill yesterday I had a Hub 3 M500 which I was using in modem mode with another router. This was working no problems with speeds in and around the 400mb mark.

I just upgraded to 1gb and yesterday received the hub 4 which I set up. As expected the WiFi off the hub was shocking so I decided to put it in modem mode and use my mesh system again. This did work but was never topping speeds of 100mb.

After no change in speed today I decided to unplug it all and factory reset both hub and my own router to see if that would speed things up. Ever since, I have had no Internet coming through the hub 4 at all. I can't even access the settings through ethernet connection. 

I've tried switching on off/ resetting countless times but still nothing. 

On the phone they basically told me to do everything I had been doing and then gave up and said they will be sending me new hub which will take days. 

Not ideal as I kind of rely on the Internet for work. Just wondering has anyone had any similar issues and any suggestions to fix would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

Just to confirm you only have one wired device (The Mesh System) connected to the HUB?

Hi, I no longer have any wired devices connected, no mesh or anything as I wanted to just get the hub 4 working again on its own first as it wasn't.

Just an update I just went down after having it all unplugged for a couple of hours and plugged it in and it came on, WiFi was connected on laptop and I was able to browse a couple of sites to check and then it went off again. 

Light on hub now flashing red which it was also doing when I was on the phone to virgin earlier. What does the flashing red light mean? 

Also very confusing that it was working there for 5 minutes then off again,  surely if there was a problem with the hub it wouldn't work at all? 

Further update. My laptop is working with ethernet cable plugged directly into Hub 4. Network not appearing on wifi list so possibly just an issue with the wifi element of the hub?

Although as previously said the internet was working through wifi connectivity earlier for 5 minutes and then stopped.

Any ideas?

Hi @Rob1892 thanks for your post here in the Community.

I do sincerely apologise for the delay in responding to you over the weekend. 

It would appear that since your post on here, you've managed to get the help you require regarding this issue.

If you do need any further assistance though, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Many thanks

Tom_W