forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
PirShah
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 not working after Reset

Hello,

my broadband M500 has been acting up from about a week now. Lag/ rubber banding in gaming, 5+ plus minutes to load any website so about an hour ago after talking to customer service they told me Hub4 department is closed and they can’t help me right now but he did tell me to reset it and see if the broadband works fine after that. So I pressed the reset button for around 10 seconds during which the white light flashed once. Since then it has gone dead. I see no SSID WiFi to connect too. Direct wired connection to pc which doesn’t work either. I can’t even login to hub 4 settings at 192.168.0.1. Can anyone please help. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 not working after Reset

Do a 60 second pinhole reset 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
PirShah
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have tried that but it looks like the Hub 4 is stuck in the reset. It doesn’t even show up as a wired connection so I can login into its settings. Don’t know what to do now. Have zero internet 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ask for a new hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
PirShah
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone help me? Hub 4 dept is closed and Looks like I’m without internet for the weekend. How do I remove a hub 4 from being stuck in a reset.. it won’t reset again. Solid white light all the time.. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

A forum rep will reply in 5-10 days unless you call in.

Try powering the hub off then doing the 60 second pinhole reset again 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
PirShah
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey. Thanks for the reply. I have done that. I have also tried resetting at diff time intervals. There is a solid white light the moment you switch it on and it stays like that forever. It doesn’t broadcast WiFi nor does wired connection work so I can login into hub settings. Do you think it has somehow become deactivated ?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you plug a wired connection in?

Does the device get an IP?

PirShah
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Nothing happens. Can’t access internet. Usually I got still go to the hub settings on 192.168.0.1 but now I can’t even do that. When I try to reset it the light just stays solid white. It doesn’t go off like it normally would when you reset a router 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok. So again does the device you’re using get assigned an IP address?

0 Kudos