cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not saving frequency settings

thom804
Tuning in

Been trying everything until i'm blue in the face with this.

Basically our main home PC is stuck on the 2.4ghz network and it's slow as heck. Every other device seems capable of switching between 2.4 and 5ghz autonomously, however no matter how hard i try i cannot force my PC to move on to the 5ghz network.

My network adapter is 5ghz capable, i know for sure. When I go to save the settings in the Security page of the Wireless options, the hub tells me the settings have been saved but when i refresh the page, it has reverted back to the 2.4ghz only option.

I even disabled the 2.4ghz channel entirely but the 5ghz network did not appear in the available networks list.

Is there any way or fix of getting the hub to actually save these settings?

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you disabled the 2.4ghz and your PC couldn't see it that means the fault has nothing  to do with Virgin but your own PC.

Either your network card isn't infact capable, or you need to go into the PC settings to enable 5ghz capability or its faulty 

Oh, it definitely is.

I've had the 5ghz working fine up until last week and now nothing. Nothing has changed with my network card, I just need to find out how to make sure the settings i save to the hub actually save instead of reverting constantly.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I guess the next step could be to try a pinhole reset of the hub4 if it's not saving what you ask

That will be my last resort.

I'll keep faffing for now unless there's a definitive solution on how to save preferences to the router.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Wifi can die so you need a new hub
---------------------------------------------------------------

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello thom804, thank you so much for reaching out on our help forum about this issue.

We're sorry to see you've had problems saving your hub's settings to your preferences recently, could you please give us an update since your last post about this was back on Saturday?
Have you managed to get your pc connected to the 5G network and has this device always been capable of connecting to the 5G band before this problem came up?

Also, when changing your hub settings please first make sure you've deactivated the Smart Wi Fi feature (channel optimisation) before you can make any further changes as your hub is set to go back to default settings when the Wi Fi optimisation is turned on.

Once you've switched it off and refreshed your page to confirm it's done you can then go ahead and change the rest of the settings to your preferred options too without problems.

Let us know if this info or the advice from our forum members above has been of help, happy to assist further if you still need us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs