Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 newly installed and keeps dropping out. No ability to contact Virgin, direct line 'call failed'

Really surprised that Virgin would issue the new Hub 4 without being ready for in home diagnostic test or the ability to contact them.  They may have problems contacting them due to coronavirus, but did operations think it was a good time to issue the new Hub 4 to customers.  Three working from home and broadband drops out intermittently and is unreliable.  Also Netflix is now buffering.  Tried all day Sunday with a chatbot and said it would transfer me to someone but nothing has happened.  When I ring the Virgin landline it comes up with 'call failed'.  

I cannot even contact anyone to leave Virgin for another provider.  Been with Virgin since NTL days and website tells you to contact community support, expecting people to help for free?

Can I reinstall the old hub?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 newly installed and keeps dropping out. No ability to contact Virgin, direct line 'call failed'

What is dropping out exactly?
Wired or wireless connections?
Or the connection in its entirety?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 newly installed and keeps dropping out. No ability to contact Virgin, direct line 'call failed'

Thank you for responding.

Network to laptops via wifi dropping out for a few seconds to a few minutes, several times a day.

Humax (tivo box) is plugged directly into router and provides Netflix, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So are the wired devices dropping out or no?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos