cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 loses settings on reboot

josogorm
Tuning in

i'm having the exact same problems and tried the 60 sec factory reset and still having the same issue.  I suspect it's a bug in the firmware as the hardware is working well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

" I guess is optimising my network" you should be so lucky, only seems to do the reverse. It has to be on if you use the VM pods, otherwise best left off. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What settings have you changed?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I’ve changed the SSID name of both 2.4 & 5. Every time I reboot the router the 2.4 reverts back to its original name. 5 is unaffected. 

it definitely looks like a bug in the firmware. Very annoying though to such an extent I’ve now disabled 2.4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning off smart/Intelligent WiFi. 

Tudor

ok i'll give it a try tonight and see if it makes a difference

Morning, just to let you know this appeared to work. 

Will there be a fix coming as I’m conscious I’m no longer using Smart Wi-Fi which I guess is optimising my network

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

" I guess is optimising my network" you should be so lucky, only seems to do the reverse. It has to be on if you use the VM pods, otherwise best left off. 

Tudor

Thanks for clarifying and it will now remain off 😀

many thanks for your help

Thanks for this thread - I was having the same issue (although I lost the 5GHz setting and the 2.4 remained unaffected). Have switched off smart wifi and seem to be back in business.