Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 log in issue

I recently received my new VM hub 4, and it has been one issue after another.

The main issue is that I can’t log into the hub anymore, the hub is less than a week old (3 or 4 days old)

When I first set it up, I logged into the hub UI, using the password on the underside. From there, I changed the password, and set up the hub to modem mode. First day, it would drop connection, but as it was new, I simply let it resolve itself.
Second day, internet would slow to a crawl, and I had to log in, and reboot it via it’s UI. Third day and ongoing, I can’t log into the UI at all,

I have tried the power reset, the 30 seconds pin hole reset, and the 60 seconds pin hole reset.

the 60 second reset worked for a few minutes, allowing me to log into the UI to change the password, but after that, nothing.

I feel I may need a replacement 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 log in issue

Do the 60 second reset a few times in a row

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary

The I’ll try it, but if this is going to be the norm for fixing issues with this hub, then there’s no point in me having this hub, and to push for VM to send a replacement device, as a veteran customer I have had the Scientific Atlanta modem (provided to me by Telewest Broadband who were subsequently bought by VM some 17 or so years ago), hub 2, and the recently discontinued hub 3. Although the hubs had a few problems they were never as bad as this one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Then you won't want a Hub4...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos