cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 keeps resetting wi fi defaults

guilbert
Dialled in

Moved to 1G broadband a month ago and got a Hub 4.

After getting it all working I changed the default wi fi SSID and password as all the devices we have are set up to use the wi fi logon details we had on the previous router.

But in the last month the Hub 4 router has rebooted itself (on its own) 5 times and taken the router back to its default SSID and password.

At first of course we just think wi fi has gone down so switch the router on and off.

But when we then try to connect a device we find that our "new" SSID is NOT listed but the default SSID name IS listed.

I then have to logon to the router and change the SSID and password.

If I am in the house then this is of course fairly easy for me to do, but if I am out the house none of my family would have any idea how to change the SSID so they are stuck with it till I come home. 

Any reason our Hub 4 is doing this as it is rather annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lucy_B

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your continued patience whilst we investigated this issue. The good news is, our team have been able to diagnose where the fault that is causing the details to reset to factory settings lies. 

The other good news is that this fault will be resolved when the new firmware for the Hub 4 is released; however I do want to be honest with you all and that firmware is still being tested and as such is not ready to be rolled out just yet. We will endeavour to get this rolled as quickly as we can, however it is likely it will be a couple of months before it is ready. 

As soon as I have a more precise timescale on this, I will let you all know. In the meantime I can only apologise for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause. 

Lucy

Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

156 REPLIES 156

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It shouldn't do that (obviously).  Highly possible that the hub has a hardware fault and will need replacing.  

I'll mark your post for staff to advise and if need be book a technician for you.

Hey @guilbert,

Thanks for taking the time to post your hub 4 issues on our forums.

As @Andrew-G advised, we will need to send out a new hub to get this issue resolved.

I need to confirm a few details before we can send the hub out to you, I will send over a private message now, so that we can confirm the required information.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

I have exact same issue - happens at least once a month or so. How do I resolve ?

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @macraes

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi macraes

Quick message to see how the engineers visit went today?

Was the hub able to be swapped out?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

Yes it was swapped over. There is however a new issue in that there appears to be no 2.4Ghz signal and I cannot connect my printer and older range extender (which I was able to do no problem before) - general internet and 5Ghz connections are fine - any ideas or do I have another dodgy hub4 ?

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @macraes,

I am sorry to see this.

Have you logged into your advances hub settings to make sure the connection is split?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

Yes I have it is set as per defaults and both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are set to automatic. Worked fine on previous hub so not sure why not visible. It is an issue as printer and heating only work on 2.4Ghz.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @macraes

That's very strange, apologies about that. 

How are things currently? Have you managed to connect to the 2.4Ghz? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide