cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 keeps losing internet.

Anankha
Problem sorter

This began on Friday. We'd had a Sky Q box installed & every day since the internet disconnects, the Hub is restarting & I lose Wi-Fi & ethernet connection. Checking service status states all is OK but when checking further says there's an intermittent fault in the area.

Every time this happens the Sky Q box restarts.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia
12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As it started on the day the SkyQ arrived..... Try disconnecting the Sky Q for a few hours and see if the BQM "cleans up" if it does then thats where the issue lays. If not, it may be the "known issue/" - is that reported on the 0800 561 0061 number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Should the problem occur again I will disconnect the Q box. However why would the box affect the Hub 4?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not familiar with Sky Q - I just assumed you had it connected on an ethernet cable... but if its on Wifi then of course - it wont 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, that’s why I thought it was strange both went down at the same time.

I’ll continue to monitor the problem. I have a question open on the Sky community for this too.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did the 0800 number report a known issue?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I’ve not had the chance to call the number yet.

Hi @Anankha

Sorry to hear of this. Are you still experiencing this issue? Were you able to check via the number provided for any known issues?

Have you heard anything from the Sky forum also?

Let us know how you are getting on so we can offer more support. 
All the best. 

Molly

Yes, there was an intermittent fault in the area. Since Monday the problem hasn’t occurred again.
Sky has said to contact them again if the problem happens when there’s no wifi outage.

HI Anankha

Thank you for the updates 

Glad its settled down now

It will have been coincidental 

I checked for any issues in the area and your power levels are all okay

Gareth_L