cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 issues

spu98amj
Just joined

Hello

I am new to Virgin media. i was sent a quickstart pack to install the Hub 4 and 260 box myself.

i was confident i could wire up the Hub 4 / tv box and all the TV cables myself.

But after not getting any signal (according to the Red flashing light around the top), I needed to get an Engineer in to fix it.

He just gave me a new Hub 4 and all seemed fine.

Today after i turned it off and on it has not restarted properly. The white light is always on but no WIFI or Ethernet connections have been made with the router. The TV box hard wired to the router cannot see the router, nor can my smart phone or laptop on wifi.

According to Virgin media team an engineer is needed to fix it again.

my question is has there been a large amount of issues with the Hub 4?

Should i push for a Hub 5 or Hub 3? 

I am awaiting the problem to be fixed tomorrow hopefully with probably the 3rd Hub 4.

I appreciate there is a lot of dodgy PCB components out there and i just hope any new Hubs coming my way has no further issues.

It has not been 2 months since the initial setup and i am now surviving on a weak 4G signal to get stuff done. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I think the hub needs to be activated again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @spu98amj

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the troubles you've had since installing. I can see on our system that the tech has been and looks to have resolved the issue. Please keep us updated if you have any further issues and we'll investigate this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley