cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 is rubbish

Smokin123
Joining in

I was moved to Hub four and since then it keeps dropping connection. You get the around when and if you ever get through, absolutely terrible service these days I just want a hub three back. Been listening to that horrible holding music for a couple of hours now and passed from department to department until someone cut the connection but I’m trying again. 
seriously thinking of moving now I don’t watch tv and the landline is only to receive scam calls 

34 REPLIES 34

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Indeed it is. You can't go back to a Hub3 however if you have the Gig1 broadband.

What is dropping? The entire connection? Wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

The router goes offline in a random pattern the WiFi still broadcasts locally so I’m connected to the router but no internet or phone calls. In fact usually if I try to make a call using wifi connection it drops every minute or so which the broadband can seemingly cope with but telephone calls cannot. 

Why can’t I go back to hub Three?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can if your plan has any speed other than 1G. The Hub4, by reports on the board, is more susceptible to bad line conditions. There may be an underlying fault on your circuit. Please post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

As well as posting the stats requested, does a wired connection also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks, I don’t use a wired connection. I don’t have the time to relearn how to get the stats off sorry 

smokin

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in as a fault then.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Faster to solve your problem by getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and have the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I’m aware it’s dropping the internet connection not the wifi so a separate wifi router won’t achieve anything and I’m not using Ethernet cable only wifi which remains connected to the hub 4. I’m not gaming or downloading much or uploading anything except backups just want a reliable internet connection. It might be effective to replace the hub four altogether as I used when I was with bt but not sure if Virgin would support third party router without the hub 4 as modem 

thanks