cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 in modem mode not connecting to internet (router: Tenda AC1200)

rumpswerton
Joining in

Until yesterday I have had no problems using my Hub 4 in modem mode, using a Tenda AC1200 as router, connected via ethernet.  I had work done where I live, so I had to disconnect and reassemble my internet hub and router, and since I have done so I mysteriously have no internet.  I can't seem to access either the Virgin Media page or Tenda's settings.  I've tried three different ethernet cables and none appear to fix the problem (it is run from the WAN port of the router to the Hub 4).  I've no idea what the problem is.  Can anyone think of what it might be?  I'm hoping something very obvious that I've overlooked.

1 REPLY 1

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@rumpswerton wrote:

Until yesterday I have had no problems using my Hub 4 in modem mode, using a Tenda AC1200 as router, connected via ethernet.  I had work done where I live, so I had to disconnect and reassemble my internet hub and router, and since I have done so I mysteriously have no internet.  I can't seem to access either the Virgin Media page or Tenda's settings.  I've tried three different ethernet cables and none appear to fix the problem (it is run from the WAN port of the router to the Hub 4).  I've no idea what the problem is.  Can anyone think of what it might be?  I'm hoping something very obvious that I've overlooked.

forget the Tendra for a moment and connect the hub 4 - press the reset button to put it back into router mode and see if the connection is ok or the work done has damaged something

assuming you get a connection then set everything up again - theres a sequence that i cannot remember but a search on here should find the info

Tony.
Sacked VIP