cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 fan running constantly

LozzaD18
Tuning in

We had a hub 4 installed in Nov 21.  The fan has been running non stop since then which doesn’t seem right.  It’s very annoying and everyone that comes round comments on how noisy it is.  It is in our living room which isn’t overly warm.  Thermostat is set to 20 degrees when home. It’s on a cool hard surface and is well ventilated.  No complicated set up. I have called VM and also done an online chat.  They advised the problem would be fixed in 24 hrs but it never is?  They also suggested a pinhole reset which we did.  The fan stopped for about 20 minutes and then came back on again and is running constant since.  The hub is also quite warm to touch which worries me.  I have concerns it might be a fire hazard?The light is solid white and service is good. The person I spoke to on the phone said he can send an engineer out but we would have to pay if there is no fault? I asked if it was normal for the fan to run 24/7 but he didn’t really know! Can anybody else help? Virgin offered this hub as a free upgrade but wish I hadn’t bothered! 

13 REPLIES 13

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Probably clogged with dust if you look at the base.

Give it a brush out with a paintbrush and a good hoovering as well and see how it is after that. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

The fan has been running constantly since day 1 when it was installed and came straight out of the box.  I dust, clean and hoover it regularly and it has no difference what so ever? 

Sorry, typo, it has made no difference what so ever.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @LozzaD18,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your hub 4, I would be happy to take a look into this for you but have been and we should be able to send out a technician to have this looked into further as it sounds like you have a faulty hub.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @LozzaD18.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about this on your online account by clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you so much 🙏 hopefully this can be resolved soon! 

Thanks for getting back to us @LozzaD18.

Do please keep us updated with how things go.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, an engineer came out on Saturday and confirmed it was a faulty hub.  He replaced it with a new one and it’s been working great now 👍🏻
Finally got a result thanks to this community page. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LozzaD18

Thank you very much for coming back to our Community Help Forum to let us know. I'm glad to hear everything is working great for you now 🙂

If there's anything else you need, please do pop back and we will be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Serena