cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 ethernet problems

Kwashi
Tuning in
  • From my hub 4, I have cables going directly to my v6 box, my smart TV and my networked hard drive. Smart TV functions fine in all smart areas. V6 will not connect via ethernet whatsoever. It shows strong connection via WiFi, but will not connect to virgin media service to provide catchup or programme information. The fourth ethernet port is used to supply a 6 way ethernet switch which then feeds my blu ray player, networked av amp, a Nintendo switch an ethernet socket in an upstairs bedroom and a comfast range extender which feeds wifi into the garden. Smarts work on the blu ray player, but it cannot access the networked hard drive. The av amp isn't recognising any ethernet connection whatsoever. The comfast range extender works perfectly well. The only way to access the networked hard drive is from a mobile which will connect through WiFi to the router and from there via ethernet. All smart devices around the garden work perfectly well. I have tried reset of the v6 and full factory reset of the hub 4. I'm at a total loss as to what is going on here, and at the risk of sounding racist (which I'm not), it's difficult to explain this setup to someone overseas with poor command of English. Any ideas out there? 
2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You seem to have done most debugging actions I can think of, although one last one is to temporarily turn off the WiFi on the hub and see if the V6 will connect. Only other suggestion is to get an 8 or 16 port Ethernet switch and run all Ethernet connections through that.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kwashi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your ethernet/wifi. 

Have you tried @Tudor's advice? Did this help?

I have checked our systems and all looks fine, it just advises your 5.0Ghz is at capacity, please let us know if you need any more assistance.

Zoie