cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 ethernet drops on Teams calls

goodytom
On our wavelength

Hello, I'm having dropouts on almost every MS Teams call I make, which is sometimes back to back all day (a grim life, yes!). They're usually only 1-5sec drops and usually don't result in the call dropping entirely, but it's easily happening 10x per day. 

I posted on here about two years ago because I was having issues with my Hub 3 and TPLink Powerlines. An engineer came, replaced the coax from my external wall to the router, and replaced the Hub 3 with a Hub 4. My system got a lot more reliable then, but not perfect. I assumed the remaining issue was the Powerline system so since replaced it with an ethernet link. My work laptop is connected in the below configuration. I still get the drops though. Logs and BQMs below. My bandwidth is great, I have no issue there, the issue is reliability (on Teams calls specifically). 

Any thoughts on solutions are much appreciated!

Hub 4 (inside, at front of the house)
> 25m CAT7 cable, plugged into Hub 4, out through a ventilation brick, running around the outside of the house, into my study
> CAT7 keystone and wall box inside my study
> short CAT7 link
> powered switch
> CAT6 cable
> HP docking station with UBS-C connector
> HP laptop

14 REPLIES 14

goodytom
On our wavelength

Thanks @Zoie_P. I'll reboot and report back how it goes. In the past rebooting has had no effect, but I'll be open minded! 

Can you tell me anything about what you mean by devices being at the wrong frequency? Is that about which wifi channels devices are using, or the (one remaining) Powerline on my system, or the devices connected by ethernet?

Thanks!

Tom 

goodytom
On our wavelength

No, no improvement I'm afraid. Still getting drops, usually 1x in each 30-60min call.

Having checked we can see the hub was rebooted Friday as mentioned, since then we have no reported disconnections. Speeds seem settled and stable around 136mbs down and 20mbs up. The levels all look to be in the ranges we'd expect to see.

From what we can see there should be no reason for any issues and the devices seem fine.

Rob

goodytom
On our wavelength

Thanks Rob, I appreciate the investigation. 

I've only had about 1hr on calls this morning and it's already dropped 3x, as usual, just for 1-5secs each time. 

At this point, then, do you think this is more likely an issue with my devices and/or corporate systems?

Thanks for coming back to us goodytom, I have just done another check and the same as Rob advised the other day that all the levels seem to be at the expected levels.

I have done some further checks on the connections in your area and cannot see any issues there either. Have you had any further issues since your last post?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L