cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 changing SSID’s back to default

Jayhub4
Tuning in

Hi there!

Ive recently been upgraded to the Hub 4. Really enjoying it. Much better speeds and signal strength throughout the home now the issue! I’ve changed my SSID’s (WiFi name and passwords)  over to my own personal ones and separated them 2.4 and 5ghz. Now it keeps on changing the 2.4ghz back to the original. When I’ve logged into the settings page the up time is a low time meaning that it’s rebooting its self and changing ONLY the 2.4 back to the original. Bad thing is my home security is on the 2.4 so it’s all being disconnected without me realising.

I understand the most common answer being I should just use the default SSID for the 2.4 but I’ve got a ton of smart home devices so they’ll have to be setup again so looking for an easy fix.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for reading!

192 REPLIES 192

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi markmagness,

Are you also facing the same issue?

Let us know,

Kain

Richard785
On our wavelength

Kaim_W,

99% of this forum has the same issue 

Is there a fix yet?

Ad_The_Pad
On our wavelength

Were ALL having the same issue.

Are you ****ing serious?! Maybe read the whole thread before asking stupid questions!!!!!

It has previously been stated that the pinhole reset is irrelevant as it is a firmware issue.

I’m also having the same issue and have been for sometime. 
because of this issue, being virtually called an idiot by the tech support team, not to mention the mobile phone issues, I have done something I never thought I would have to do. I have entered my notice of cancellation for all VM services!

I have been a customer of virgin since it’s conception in the uk under the Comcast brand. I was an install engineer with them for a number of years until it changed to NTL. When virgin took over I thought it may be a step for the better, boy was I wrong!

the customer service received from all of these companies had been getting worse and worse to the point you have now lost another customer through basically what amounts to total ineptitude of anything customer services.
I now have to pay someone to come and set up all my Wi-Fi devices as I’m totally blind and can no longer do it myself. That means all my blind equipment, all my Alexa equipment, over 40 bits of equipment have to be reset and reinstalled. Why? BECAUSE FOUR IDIOT CUSTOMER SERVICES STAFF COULDNT CARRY OUT THE SIMPLE TASK OF SENDING OUT A REPLACEMENT HUB OR SENDING AN ENGINEER OUT IN A TIMELY FASHION!

This is just today! I don’t have the blood pressure control to mention everything else that they have managed to *bleep* up over the past few years.

PaulT501
On our wavelength

Hi all , I just became a VM customer 2 weeks ago and changed my SSID as we have a lot of smart devices  , and have now experienced this problem twice . This evening I have disabled channel optimization in the hope that it helps. Having seen that this fault has been ongoing for over a year I'm not very impressed with the VM customer support.

Neither is anyone else tbh…

Hi all,

I do apologise for the ongoing issues that you're facing with your SSIDs on your Hub 4. We're aware of the issue and working to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Ad_The_Pad
On our wavelength

Come on Zach_R, really? Have you seen how long this thread has been running? There will never be a real fix.
Two days ago, my SSID reset itself TWICE in the space of eight hours. Its great when you’re asleep at 3am and you get alerts on your phone from your CCTV. Nope, not a burglar, the router has reset again!! Then some of my morning ‘routines’ through my Amazon Echo don’t happen, because they only work through the 2.4ghz side of things. I never like using the disability card, but it REALLY doesn’t help!!