cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 changing SSID’s back to default

Jayhub4
Tuning in

Hi there!

Ive recently been upgraded to the Hub 4. Really enjoying it. Much better speeds and signal strength throughout the home now the issue! I’ve changed my SSID’s (WiFi name and passwords)  over to my own personal ones and separated them 2.4 and 5ghz. Now it keeps on changing the 2.4ghz back to the original. When I’ve logged into the settings page the up time is a low time meaning that it’s rebooting its self and changing ONLY the 2.4 back to the original. Bad thing is my home security is on the 2.4 so it’s all being disconnected without me realising.

I understand the most common answer being I should just use the default SSID for the 2.4 but I’ve got a ton of smart home devices so they’ll have to be setup again so looking for an easy fix.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for reading!

192 REPLIES 192

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM want you to use their pod and a firmware brakes users settings and resets so their is no easy fix.

But you could get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports setup the wifi you want with the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jayhub4,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Hub changing SSID's back to default.

Are you able to perform a pinhole reset and then try updating the settings again to see if there's any change?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha!

thank you for your reply. 

Strangely enough this hasn’t happened again for a little while, I’m just going to hold out and get back in touch if it happens again!

I’m wondering if it’s a fault with the initial setup and for the first couple of days while it “Settles In” 

Thanks for the Reply!

I had the same issue as well, when I unplugged the device to move it, plugged it back and the 2.4 wifi changed back to default name and password, while the 5ghz network stayed the same. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Mazin4 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had similar issue.

Are you able to let me know if you are still experiencing the the issue with splitting your bands? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It happens every time I unplug the hub, as we just moved in and doing works around the house this is happening quite a bit which is annoying, just thought to voice out that this is hepping to me as well, as it could be affecting others etc.

Getting a router soon so will stop it from happening, however would be annoying for others if they do not want to invest in one etc.

Hope this helps.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mazin4

Could you try a pinhole reset for me and try updating the settings after this for me?

Regard

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi All, has anyone got to the bottom of this,

I seem to end up mine being reset either when I power off the hub or if virgin do a status service check which I do online, and seems to reset to default for the 2.4ghz ssid. And what i had (settings) before disappears?

Hi, Sadly not. 

still an issue when you reboot the Hub 4.