cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 broadcasting VM WiFi when in modem mode

geedub
Tuning in

Spoke to five different people on the phone about this tonight, only one of them was able to comprehend the problem but unfortunately didn't have the training to assist so put me through to billing to have the WiFi pods removed which I was advised was done but obviously hasn't fixed the issue.

I have the same issue as this thread and this one too. Wondering if any of the support team can assist with this please as I don't think I can handle phoning again.

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please can you confirm the colour of the LED ring on the hub? Have you tried a pin-hole reset and set up modem mode again?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Colour is white.

I've reset it using the pin hole for over 30 secs, the light flashed at around 30 secs and when it came back on it was in router mode again. I put it back into modem mode but VM SSID still showing. I've done this twice since phoning tonight and I did it yesterday as well.

Which firmware version is your hub running?  I had issues in modem mode with my hub 4 - mine was running :

: 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20
There’s a newer version which my hub hadn’t received which supposedly addresses some of the modem mode issues:
AR01.04.055.06.07_040722_7245.PC20.10.LG.X1
 With the newer version the light ring turns green in modem mode.

Virgin sent an engineer as my hub wouldn’t update.  She replaced my hub 4 with a hub 5 last week - so far this has worked fine in modem mode.

It's running 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yep, firmware is out of date, your best bet is to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post in a day or two.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @geedub ,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your hub in modem mode. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused you. I can, however, see you have been able to get in contact with our team to get this issue resolved. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Virgin Media engineer visited and replaced the router which appears to have resolved the issue.

Hi geedub, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread on how the engineer visit went. 

We're happy to hear that the issue is now resolved. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs