cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 booster

g_brown1
Joining in

Had an offer for a free hub 4, received it yesterday but current boosters don’t connect (had them for a few years). I read that it’s now pods for Hub 4 but I can’t order them. I have full tv/broadband/phone package. Can’t get decent internet upstairs without booster. How do I go about returning the hub 4, I work from home and can’t be without decent connection. I have no option but to go back to the old one

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Current boosters work will all routers, you just need to set them up.  Perhaps it might be easier posting some more details on what you've tried to so far to make them work and someone can help

Hey thanks for responding. We currently have 2 plug in rectangular type boosters that connect with the hub3. Have set up Hub 4 and tried to connect my current boosters as I would with the old hub 3, first connecting through Ethernet to hub4, however they don’t connect, orange connection light flashes continuously. I can’t follow instructions on app as my app isn’t picking up the new hub4, having read other comments I’ve discovered the app itself might not be compatible with hub 4. Have tried live chat and get nowhere. Thought I’d try here before trying to phone, as that can take forever. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You dont need an App to set up boosters. They are just basic powerline adapters with wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @g_brown1,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post - I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your new hub.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can see that you've got some pods on the way to replace your boosters.

Hopefully this will help with the WiFi across your home - if you are needing any more support with this, do drop back and we'll be happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide