cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - advanced settings

safcbass
On our wavelength

How do I remove the Hub 3 set-up from the Virgin Media Connect app? Once taken off, I guess it will detect the Hub 4 automatically? 

I had the wi-fi boosted around the house and into the garden office using VM boosters. Since the new Hub 4 has been in place, the boosters have reverted back to their original names and passwords. How do I get them all using the same network again? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

7 REPLIES 7

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the Virginmedia Connect App doesn't support the Hub 4 that why it is still showing a hub 3.

You will need to reset the Virginmedia boosters follow this https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hi al there !

Hub 4 - advanced settings, I did a wrong configuration  regarding to set up or blocking children devices for not using internet at night. everything went wrong and i cannot sign in my router IP address. 

Spoiler

...  ...and i dont know what to do . I tried to do it with my mobile data pacakge and configure but ...

Thanks for the reply. 

The boosters are working, but when I had a Hub3 I was able to have them all use the same network name and not the individual booster network when in that area of the house. 

How can I change them please as I’m pretty sure the Virgin Media Connect app done this for me last time, so if the Hub4 isn’t compatible with the app, how do I do it? 

Thanks 

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

To be able to resolve this you have two choices 1) Reset the hub by pressing the button on the back for at least 60 secs do not power off after reset just wait for the lights to stabilize, 2) Login into the hub using the web interface with a computer connected to one of the LAN ports at 192.168.0.1/

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Welcome back to the community @safcbass and thanks for taking the time to post your issue here on our forums.

Have you been able to configure the boosters with the help and advice from @DJ_Shadow1966?

Regards,

Steven_L

safcbass
On our wavelength

Morning,

No.

The hub3 app did all this for me. Disappointing the hub4 doesn’t have any app/capability to do this too. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi safcbass,

Thanks for the update. It's disappointing to hear that you've still not managed to get your boosters on the same network name, even after the advice given by our community member @DJ_Shadow1966.

Have you tried repeating the process again since your last post? Has anything changed at all?

Kind regards Jodi.