Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Wifi Issues

I installed new hub 4 a few days ago. I am quite adept with technical stuff. Since installation my wifi intermittently cuts out on my android box....frequently stating obtaining ip address or ip configuration failure. I have reset the hub lots of times...but this problem persists. Please note that I had NO issues at all with wifi on this box when using my old hub 2.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 Wifi Issues

How is that connection if you use a Cat 5E / 6 or better ethernet cable ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mike,

I have connected an ethernet cable to my android box. I will see how the internet connection performs via this method throughout today. As previously stated I had no wifi problems with old hub 2 which I was using until a few days ago.

Will get back to you later with 'results'. Sincere thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Irene

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Hub4 is notorious for WiFi issues. So it’s to be expected. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Working fine with ethernet cable, no interruptions....but it isn't practical to use this....I need to use wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If ethernet is not practical for whatever reason; it looks like you need some better more powerful wireless broadcasting equipment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls (some more than others), cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike.....however I had NO problems whatsoever with my old Hub 2 which I was using until last week.

My hub is in bedroom, about 10ft from android box with no obstacles as such.

Anyhow thanks for your assistance...will prob have to contact Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ANAMCARA wrote:

Thank you Mike.....however I had NO problems whatsoever with my old Hub 2 which I was using until last week.

My hub is in bedroom, about 10ft from android box with no obstacles as such.

Anyhow thanks for your assistance...will prob have to contact Virgin.

Virgin won’t send an engineer for Wi-Fi issues 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos