cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 WiFi & hardwire intermittent issues

Edward036
On our wavelength

Hi, I’ve been having WiFi issues for months, poor download speeds, dropping out etc Thought it may have been due to the number of devices connected, the kids with Netflix etc, phones, etc etc so upgraded from the 500meg to 1Gb a couple of weeks ago. The same issue occurred, poor WiFi, could stand next to hub 4 and would be exactly the same. Engineer came out, replaced cables, checked connections, checked cabinet etc - all fine, that Sam knows show 1200ish going into hub but output is 50-300 and as low as 10 at times. The engineer stripped hub back as well, removed all lan cables into hub, reset it etc and the output was still the same. He couldn’t explain it and a manager with a laptop needs to come out in a couple of weeks!!! Anyone else had a similar issue/can suggest anything while I wait ? Thx

45 REPLIES 45

Hi, sorry Steve_L has been helping in private messages and has opened a complaint for me, not sure if your the same dept?

Edward036
On our wavelength

Sooooo, after many engineer visits, calls to India, failed engineer managers visits, 2 speed upgrades "due to your bandwith usage sir you need to upgrade" the issue was finally resolved. The engineer that initially came out replaced all the wires and connections bar one, the one where the issue was!! The one that came into the house attached to the wall socket, (if that makes sense)

As soon as this was replaced which was 25 years old cracked and creaking/ frayed we were up and running......

cable.jpg

Hi @Edward036

Thank you for the update, I am happy to hear this is now resolved for you 🙂

I am sorry this was missed by the initial engineer who attended. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Edward036
On our wavelength

hi vikki,

i have no internet again since the phone switchover this morning. or phone...Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 17.04.36.png

hello

Thanks for coming back to us Edward036, I can assure you that the phone changeover wasn't the reason for your issues. 

How are things looking at the moment with your connection, have you reported any further issues to the team at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L