cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 WiFi & hardwire intermittent issues

Edward036
On our wavelength

Hi, I’ve been having WiFi issues for months, poor download speeds, dropping out etc Thought it may have been due to the number of devices connected, the kids with Netflix etc, phones, etc etc so upgraded from the 500meg to 1Gb a couple of weeks ago. The same issue occurred, poor WiFi, could stand next to hub 4 and would be exactly the same. Engineer came out, replaced cables, checked connections, checked cabinet etc - all fine, that Sam knows show 1200ish going into hub but output is 50-300 and as low as 10 at times. The engineer stripped hub back as well, removed all lan cables into hub, reset it etc and the output was still the same. He couldn’t explain it and a manager with a laptop needs to come out in a couple of weeks!!! Anyone else had a similar issue/can suggest anything while I wait ? Thx

45 REPLIES 45

Screenshot 2022-02-26 at 21.12.54.png

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Edward036,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to see that you've been experiencing some ongoing issues with your services recently.

I completely understand that this must be frustrating for you and be impacting your time at home. I was able to check our systems and I can see that you have recently been in touch with our team about this issue already. Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further help after this. 

You can also manage and amend your appointments via your online account to see if there are any sooner appointment time slots available. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

yes I’ve been in touch, your Twitter team were going to arrange for another Hub to be sent out to see if that resolved it but the live chat function was not working, they promised they would live chat me day before last if not yesterday, nothing heard…. Perhaps you can send me out  the Hub6  to see if that works if as some of your area managers are confirming is a modem firmware issue with the Hub4 is not a unreasonable request. Thx

Hi Edward036, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. As we are the same team who answer the Twitter posts, can you provide your Twitter username so we can connect that to your Forum Account and see what's been advised? 

I can see you've been chatting with Steve via PM too and he has been able to support you. 

Please pop back and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Edward036
On our wavelength

Thanks

@edward036.  On **bleep**ter 

Edward036
On our wavelength

HI, so 2nd engineer arrived at 2pm today, spent 2 hours trying to work it out, made numerous phone calls. Nothing , cant work it out, has to got to another manager, He saw it happening, wifi up to 100/300 mbps - a foot away from the hub.  LAN up to 3/400, on mac then pc, keeps dropping out  but there is still 1200 going to the hub.

Really just had enough now, I kept on upgrading as your teams over the phone said it was because of so may devices connected,(havnt got that many really as tech confirmed) went from, 200 to 400, then 500 then 1gb for no reason. I have soent so much time on this you wouldnt believe, waiting in, kids trying to do their exam work, im trying to work, have to hotspot via phone , no ps5 online as the LAN connection keeps on dropping out. SO SO SO Fed up. 

Theres another man coming tomorrow aparently.

Im not sure why i bothered with the monitoring thing of my wifi, the engineer didnt understand it or take a second look.

On my phone as I have NO WIFI anywhere in the house, been rebooting hub, lasts for a minute and goes again ,soooooooo fed up. Your going to have to take all this away and cancel the contract. This is far to stressful, I’ve had little or no WiFi for well over a month now, 2 engineers and now no WiFi. I’ll have to try another company. Says it all really when there is a forum to help resolve issues. 

Absolute joke,

had 3 tech visits, 2 managers not turning up, 3 HUBs, upgraded to 1gb for no reason after sales said that was the reason, needed more bandwidth. Had to take 3 lots of leave, cancelled overtime, been on the phone to India for hours. And I still cannot get appropriate WiFi or lan connection 1ft from HUB.

3rd tech that arrived today was the same tech that couldn’t fix it, did more tests, acknowledged there was an issue on his tablet thing etc and said he’s got to get one of his colleagues out to investigate,   Oh you mean a manager?  No no one of my colleagues who’s good at this sort of stuff…. Okay so just leave it with you, yes, right.

Ive spent an hour on the phone to India again, they just hang up now , blame it on a dodgy connection but don’t call back, and that’s the floor manager!!!! 

I AM SOOOOOOO SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Who do I contact by email please to log a complaint about the same lack of WiFi and LAN, miss selling, time/loss of earnings, stress anxiety, thank you.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Edward036

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, I can see the last technician you out said this needed further investigation - has anything else came about of this? Have you received any further communication surrounding the issue?

As for raising a complaint, our complaints code of practice can be found here

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team