cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 WiFi & hardwire intermittent issues

Edward036
On our wavelength

Hi, I’ve been having WiFi issues for months, poor download speeds, dropping out etc Thought it may have been due to the number of devices connected, the kids with Netflix etc, phones, etc etc so upgraded from the 500meg to 1Gb a couple of weeks ago. The same issue occurred, poor WiFi, could stand next to hub 4 and would be exactly the same. Engineer came out, replaced cables, checked connections, checked cabinet etc - all fine, that Sam knows show 1200ish going into hub but output is 50-300 and as low as 10 at times. The engineer stripped hub back as well, removed all lan cables into hub, reset it etc and the output was still the same. He couldn’t explain it and a manager with a laptop needs to come out in a couple of weeks!!! Anyone else had a similar issue/can suggest anything while I wait ? Thx

45 REPLIES 45

BQM?

i get it now

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
BQM already looks dreadful ! If it continues you will need to call it in as a fault or wait until a VM person picks it up here.

But check for any known faults first.

Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), BUT also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Oh, thank you. 

tried both, no faults in my postcode...

damn

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
BTW... you BQM link is to a static shot which stops an hour ago at ~6pm. Post the link to "share the live graph" - as that rolls on to display the last 24h period.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@Edward036 wrote:

hope this works, does it look any better? 

Nope but the link works

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edward036
On our wavelength

bugger, what does good look like? 

@Edward036 wrote:

bugger, what does good look like? 

no red for a start 

---------------------------------------------------------------