cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 VPN connection problems

Ajb11
Joining in

Hello,

I've recently got a new Hub 4 and im having consistent problems with my work laptop VPN, all other devices are fine.  From reading other forums I need to change my settings but can only see videos for the hub 3 settings and the options of ticking IPSec Pass through, PPTP pass through and multicast pass through arent there when I go to the firewall setting screen.  Does this issue not exist for the hub 4 or is there anything way I can change it?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 4 is a cheap consumer router and does not have many options.  If you need full control over a router, you will need to put the Hub into Modem mode and buy your own Router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If I was to buy my own router would this allow me to change what I need to and it is easy to do as I'm not very technical.  Any recommendations on what router to get? 

@Adduxi wrote:

The Hub 4 is a cheap consumer router and does not have many options.  If you need full control over a router, you will need to put the Hub into Modem mode and buy your own Router.

nawaid_ahmad
Joining in

I have the same issues and in addition the security protocol does not show WPA2-PSK or WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 option. What is the solution?

@nawaid_ahmad wrote:

I have the same issues and in addition the security protocol does not show WPA2-PSK or WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 option. What is the solution?

Use hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------