cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 VPN Blocked

JPMac27
Tuning in

In the past week I have no longer been able to access my work PC through my VPN connection.  I use Pulse Secure to access my work PC and it has been fine for many years.  Now it won't connect through my home wifi and my office have checked everything at their end and it is fine.  Does anyone know if any changes have been made to network settings or similar?  If I tether through my mobile mobile the connection is fine, so it know that it linked to my broadband connection.

37 REPLIES 37

Hi Jodi

Sorry, I've been away for a week.  Can you let me know where I find the ANES settings in my account or my control panel?  I can't seem to find it to select the opt-out option.  The link in the 2017 forum discussion shows an old myvirginmedia menu which doesn't apply anymore.

Thanks.

John

Thank you for getting back to us @JPMac27.

Please try the following link which may help https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Akua_A,

I am able to get into my account settings fine, I just can't find where the option is to turn on/off ANES as I have been instructed to do?  What sub-category/menu is it under?

Thanks

John

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JPMac27

Thank you for coming back to me about this ongoing issue. Apologies if you've had some issues locating ANES settings in your Hub settings page.

You can view a thread which explains more information where you can locate these settings here: Community Forums.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need more help going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z

I've followed that link you sent me but it only has lots of people complaining that they aren't able to turn of the ANES settings.  I can't find anywhere on that long chain the actual resolution to the problem.  Can you look again and/or copy and paste the solution into your answer, as opposed to sharing a link to another conversation?

Many thanks

John

Hi JPMac27, 

Thank you for coming back to us! Are you able to view your ANES settings here: Advanced Network Error Search (virginmedia.com)? (This link should take you to the correct part of your Hub settings) 

You will need to be connected to your Virgin Media router home IP in order to use the link and turn the settings off. You may also wish to do a reboot following the change of settings. 

Let us know how you get on! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly, 

No I can't - that has been the issue from the start.  I just get a blank error screen with a question mark as shown below/attached.  It looks like that is the old account settings page.  I attach what the Hub 4 account menu looks like - should I be looking in here?

Any thoughts?

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 08.07.43.png

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 08.11.33.png

Thank - John

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JPMac27,

I am sorry for the issue with this, have you tried doing a pinhole reset on your Hub? Then tried logging in again?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley_S

Will I lose all my personalised settings if I do a pinhole reset of the hub?  I'd want to avoid that if possible.

Many thanks

John

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes, you will.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.