cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Split 2.4Ghz and 5GHz

gingermoonman
On our wavelength

I have currently split my signal but having second thoughts!! I would like to use some smart pods I have got but they do not work if got a split signal, if I want to revert back do I just reset the router?
What are peoples experiences with this and is it better to keep it split?

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes a pinhole reset of the Hub puts the SSID back to the combined one you need for the Pods to work.

Did you get the Pods as part of your 1GB/Volt package? Or are you paying £8/month for them?

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

If so give them a go and see if they help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have got 3 free ones as part of 1gb package but did hear they are not very good? Do I just plug in pods and they will work?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Should do....

See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

If I reset the hub does all the information get reset when I log onto the hub?

@gingermoonman wrote:

If I reset the hub does all the information get reset when I log onto the hub?

No a reset just means it will reset whats needed...of course everything gets reset.😋

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi gingermoonman,

Thanks for posting in regards to your hu and the wireless bands. Were you able to perform the reset? Did this resolve the issue for you?

Rob

yes all working but can't get the Virgin Connect app to work which I have posted a question on a different thread

Hi gingermoonman, 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Connect App.

The first thing to be aware of is you need to be connected to your Home WiFi in order for the app to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest network, VPN or Mobile data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

• For your Apple device, if you're on iOS 15 then you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. If you're on iOS 16 then just delete the app from your device, restart the handset and then redownload the app. 
  • For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 

If this also fails then we currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Pop back and keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately this did not sort the problem, I am connected to my wi-fi and the app runs a hub speed test and also shows me all the connected devices to the the hub and also the 2 pods it is only the home scan that does not work, not sure why the name of the network has 2g after it?? It was originally called that as I split the signal but have since gone back to the one signal