cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 SSID

kenat79
On our wavelength

Hi - I've changed the SSID on my Hub 4 to show 5ghz so I can chose which connection etc.

After a day or so the settings go back to the defaults - is this a known problem or a new one!

Thanks in advance

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

Indeed this does appear to be a known bug in the firmware of the hub (among many, I should add). When and if VM will choose to fix it is anyones guess, presumably the vast majority simply use the hubs as are, straight out of the box, making changes to the settings would be in the minority so it’ll probably not be high on the priority list.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jem101
Superstar

Indeed this does appear to be a known bug in the firmware of the hub (among many, I should add). When and if VM will choose to fix it is anyones guess, presumably the vast majority simply use the hubs as are, straight out of the box, making changes to the settings would be in the minority so it’ll probably not be high on the priority list.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe turning off the intelligent/smart  WiFi has "fixed" it for some people.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

kenat79
On our wavelength

Thanks - will give that a go

Hi kenat79,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having an issue with the hub.

Has there been any change since Monday? Have you tried the advice from Tudor?

Alex_Rm

kenat79
On our wavelength

All seems good since I tried ‘Tudor’s suggestion-fingers crossed 😊

Hi @kenat79,

Thank you for the update. Please do let us know if you need any further help at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!