cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 SSID not listed in Kindle (v7)

potomac
On our wavelength

My Kindles connected perfectly with Hub 3.They do not connect with Hub 4

My PC, two cell phones and HP printer all connect fine to Hub 4.  They connect via 5G, not 2.4G, but did so automatically and without any input from me.  As I understand that Kindles only connect via 2.4G, I have renamed the 2.4G SSID to be different from the 5G, but with no luck.  I have tried all wireless security options, including disabling. The Kindles have the very latest firmware for the model.  

I have tried all the reset options - Kindle and Router but I cannot see the HUB 4's SSID on the list of Wi-Fi networks displayed in the Kindle.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

29 REPLIES 29

It would the Archer - not the Hub 3!

I wonder if the SSID is a long way down the list and the kindle cannot see it (or can see it and does not display it.)

Is there a way to scroll down the list of available connections?

Or can you rename your SSID to aaaYourSSID to force it to the top of the list.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

potomac
On our wavelength

You can scroll the Kindle's Wi-Fi Networks list, page by page, six networks per page.  There are 9 networks showing on the Kindle as I write, six of them are VMxxxxxxx (so Virgin Media) in nearby locations.  There are also a couple of BT hubs.  But, alas, no sign of my hub.  I have seriously to consider the possibility that Kindles cannot connect to Hub 4s.  I'd love to be proved wrong.

potomac
On our wavelength

A fellow victim?
Snag_8a9163.png

This is gonna sound really really dumb and I apologise:

Are any of the VMxxxxxxx connections matching the default SSID on the bottom of your hub?

potomac
On our wavelength

No. I left the default SSIDs as shipped, only amending the 2.4G one by appending a suffix to differentiate it, as someone suggested. It made no difference.

I'm thinking of changing it again to something like, "NoKindles".

At this point.... Anything's worth a punt!

boothy99
Fibre optic

I know this thread is a little old, but thought I'd throw in my findings having had the same issue with my PaperWhite 7th generation Kindle - and think I found the solution.

A while back I'd been connecting my PaperWhite to my HUB 4 without problems. I recently attempted to connect to the WiFi but no evidence of my router on the Kindle WiFi networks. "Somewhere" on here, someone mentioned setting the 2.4 GHz channel to between 1 & 11 (NO HIGHER !!). Bingo .... I remembered I'd set mine to channel 14 due to our neighbours darn Sky multi WiFi transmissions all over the place.

I set the 2.4 GHz channel to 11 (the quietest channel available when I used WiFi Analyzer app to check). Voiala - PaperWhite suddenly saw & connected to WiFi. As a test, I changed the channel to 12, 13, and 14 ... all failed to be seen.

So, login to your router on 192.168.0.1

Go to Advanced settings / Wireless signal / Set Channel to "MANUAL" / choose a channel between 1 and 11 / Apply changes.

Wait a minute or so for settings to save then refresh WiFi on your Kindle, and hopefully you'll see your Routers SSID.

Hope this might help and fix anyone else with the issue. Thanks to "whoever" mentioned channel 11 being maximum number to select. I can't immediately find the page again 👍

Screenshot_20220404-120135_Brave~2.jpg

potomac
On our wavelength

Thanks for the advice.

I tried manually setting the channel to several single-digit settings.  Nothing worked.  My phone, computer, etc. all worked with any of the settings; only Kindles seem picky and will not show the correct Wi-Fi ID.  They will show other IDs in the neighbourhood, just not mine.  This is extraordinary as your supplied settings for a similar hardware do seem to work for you.  Alas, I have several Kindles of varying vintages and they all refuse to cooperate.  Hub 3 and previous were fine.  All other devices are fine.  Just my Hub4 and all my Kindles 

I have now returned my Hub4 settings to automatic

Hi potomac,

Thanks for replying. Sorry the suggestion wasn't any help in getting you connected though.

potomac
On our wavelength

Not at all. It was good of you to help. 😀