cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Resetting Randomly

Marksgt50a
Joining in

Every 3-5 weeks my hub 4 resets to its factory SSID and password. A minor annoyance but that also knockout security systems which is very inconvenient. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's just done that it was probably due to a firmware update that has just been shipped out. It's possible the update may fix your problem, but will probably introduce others.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's just done that it was probably due to a firmware update that has just been shipped out. It's possible the update may fix your problem, but will probably introduce others.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for that, are there firmware updates that often? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not very often.

Tudor

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Marksgt50a, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear you have been having an ongoing issue with this. There is potential that an update caused this - but if you mention this is every 3-5 weeks, it makes me think different - but don't worry. I think the best thing to try here is a full pin hole/factory reset of the hub. 

To factory reset the Virgin Media Hub, follow these steps:

• Switch on the Hub at wall socket and at the back of the Hub
  • On the back or base of the hub, use a pen to press the reset button for 20 seconds
  • Give the Hub a few minutes to reboot
  • It’ll be ready when the white power light at the front of the is solidly lit

From that - you would need to re-enter all of your passwords again (sorry for that) but this should help with the problem.

Keep me posted. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.