cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - Red Ring suddenly turned on

Router_noob
Tuning in

We’ve been having problems recently with our router about it constantly randomly cutting out and at around midnight today the hubs white ring turned red and nothing has turned it back to white. I made a previous post about this but it never got resolved but now I cannot use the internet as according to virgin media it means no connection. I have restarted about 5 times. I reattached all the Co-axial connections except for the main cable in which is extremely hard to reach. I will attach a photo of the hub and the connector which i haven’t done yet. Could it possibly be the cable just being work down? 

22C21D02-F242-4F21-BB2C-2427A5B6B31D.jpeg

This shows the hub and the co-axial connector for the hub and the tv box. 

F8E98757-2855-4DB3-A7CE-1063DC4D4308.jpeg

And this is the connector which is hard to reach the cable on the top is the one I can’t reach.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I must say the cable installation doesn't exude quality, but I'm not sure that's the problem.  I believe that a red light on a Hub 4 indicates that the hub hasn't successfully registered with VM's network gear, and there could be a range of causes for that, none that you can influence other than the checks you've done.  I'll flag this for the forum staff to advise.  If it's not a known area problem, then they can arrange a technician visit for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I must say the cable installation doesn't exude quality, but I'm not sure that's the problem.  I believe that a red light on a Hub 4 indicates that the hub hasn't successfully registered with VM's network gear, and there could be a range of causes for that, none that you can influence other than the checks you've done.  I'll flag this for the forum staff to advise.  If it's not a known area problem, then they can arrange a technician visit for you.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your Hub 4.0 is showing a red light which you are unable to get resolved, looking at the pictures it doesn't look great however without actually seeing things it is hard to say what the issue is,

As I wasn't able to find your account with the details I have hear I will need to invite you into a private chat so I can get further information and help get this resolved 

I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Yeah, I know the management is sub-par at best lol. But that was from the old BT router that the engineer had to drill out and that's why we hide it around the back of the cabinet.

Anyway last night, I fixed the problem by undoing and redoing all the coaxial connections (the hub still had a red light after this). Then I went into the router settings and clicked the wifi diagnostics, and it fixed the wifi (it said that the Ipv4 was not valid when it finished, though). The wifi is now back up again, but the old problem I had from the first question I posted is still happening. But the problem has been fixed for this specific question I asked :).

Hi Router Noob,

You are very welcome I am glad I could help, please let us know how the technician visit goes, if you have any further issues do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.