cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 | Password under hub not accepted

Xeneldix
On our wavelength

Hi,

I changed to Virgin 1Gb yesterday, and while it took a while to go online, at least it seems to work (speeds aren't anywhere near 1Gb, but since just started will give it a few days)

I use my own router, so after setting to modem mode, I rebooted the Hub, which then it welcomed me to a different screen that the password doesn't work

hub4 copy.jpg

a9cf9ec03834248a1d574a21c17fd39be7136134

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Cheers, that worked fine! - odd thing though - even though I setup the hub as modem only, still kept address to 192.168.0.1, rather than 192.168.100.1 (which it did before I had to rest it)

Yeah the Hub4 does that for some reason. A reset usually cures it..

I actually have Hub2 but I have the ios14 issue. But I get a message saying “invalid password”when I try to login to IP address. I’ve not changed the password but it somehow doesn’t recognise it and it doesn’t ask for a username either... so now I can’t amend the router settings...

@mogunbayo wrote:

I actually have Hub2 but I have the ios14 issue. But I get a message saying “invalid password”when I try to login to IP address. I’ve not changed the password but it somehow doesn’t recognise it and it doesn’t ask for a username either... so now I can’t amend the router settings...

We’ve answered in your other thread...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

@Xeneldix wrote:
Cheers, that worked fine! - odd thing though - even though I setup the hub as modem only, still kept address to 192.168.0.1, rather than 192.168.100.1 (which it did before I had to rest it)

Have had this a few times when going from mixed to modem only mode, and for some reason, my hub 4 has both 192.168.0.1/100.1 working in modem mode AND mixed, (currently in mixed mode but wifi off running with separate mesh wifi for increased performance) 

The only other thing I notice about it is that sometimes in modem only mode I can't get on it at all with any IP until I power cycle the modem, can't remember if its on the know bugs list or not.

3rd Line IT Support Staff (non VM), Avid Gamer, Can cook toast and not burn it

My Broadband Ping - Home VM

Gig 1 service on Hub for for routing and Deco M4 mesh for Wifi as an AP.

i only got my hub 4 yesterday trying to change the name and password I've tried to reset my hub 4 but it still says that the password is wrong any other ideas please

resets can be iffy - you will see all sorts of methods on here - a full 30sec reset should be enough but time it and add a bit and dont turn the hub off after that let it do its thing - if that does not work then wait for VM 

be sure you are not using the wifi password to log into the hub

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @paultrueblue,

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you've had trouble resetting your hub 4 password - have you been successful with this since Saturday at all?

Let us know if you're in need of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide