cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 - Modem Mode with Tenda Mesh 3

stevehall
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have a Hub 4 and Tenda Mesh 3 Wifi Router.

I've set the Hub 4 into Modem mode (or at least I thought I had).

It says it's in Modem mode but the light is still white, not magenta, and when I try to access the settings on my Mesh 3 using 192.168.0.1 it still goes to the Virgin Hub. (The Hub should now only be accessed via 192.168.100.1)

I need to access my router settings so I can open some ports for my EV car charger but I can't get there.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub4 LED is white when in modem mode, only Hub3 is it magenta. Known problem that you can still access the hub on 192.168.0.1. You could try a pin hole reset of the hub and then put it in modem mode again, I’ve seen this work for someone. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub4 LED is white when in modem mode, only Hub3 is it magenta. Known problem that you can still access the hub on 192.168.0.1. You could try a pin hole reset of the hub and then put it in modem mode again, I’ve seen this work for someone. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor,

I suspected that the change in light colour was an error in the Virgin documentation. (The Hub 4 instructions say you'll get a magenta light in modem mode)

It wouldn't normally be an issue to me with 192.168.0.1.still accessing the Hub 4 but according to Tenda that's the IP Address I need to use to change the port opening settings on my Mesh 3. 

At the moment I can't get to those settings.

Cheers

Steve

Might be best to send the Tenda Mesh 3 back it only does 100Mb ports so you speed will be limited.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I made a mistake. I have the Tenda MW6 - 3 Mesh router not Mesh 3.

Given the Mesh acks like a switch in its router mode getting to 192.168.0.1 might be hard so disconnect it from the hub then login to the Tenda and change its IP LAN to 192.168.1.1

---------------------------------------------------------------