cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Modem Mode Speed no near 1GB

Buddymedia
Tuning in

I've noticed when I have the Hub 4 in Modem Mode the speed is between 650MB to 800MB anyone else noticed this as I should be getting 1GB?

14 REPLIES 14

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that connected via your own 3rd party equipment or direct to pc when in modem mode? 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

On a wired connection? And from what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I'm using DrayTek 2927ac Router and getting max speed of 850MB now. I'm not getting 1GB which was promised from Virgin Media.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How have you determined this is a virgin issue and the bottleneck is not your own draytek router?

850 is not far off the maximum a 1GB ethernet port gives anyway

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Buddymedia wrote:

I'm using DrayTek 2927ac Router and getting max speed of 850MB now. I'm not getting 1GB which was promised from Virgin Media.

1Gbps across multiple devices concurrently.

You'll never see 1Gbps on one device, even wired (940Mbps maximum inc. overheads on 1Gbps LAN).

@Buddymedia wrote:

Around 950Mbps is the max you’ll get.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

@jb66 wrote:

How have you determined this is a virgin issue and the bottleneck is not your own draytek router?

The specs say 800 Mbps, so yes, the router seems to be operating at its maximum.

Try enabling hardware acceleration (auto)

i had the same issue on my 2862n and now i get 950mb