cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Losing new SSID and Password on re-boot

2oldtorocknroll
Tuning in

I have upgraded to the 1Gig service and installed the Hub 4 today. I immediately changed the SSID and Password. On re-boot soft or hard the SSID and Password change back to default. Strangely some of my wireless devices still work so I surmise that the change is only happening on 2.4ghz range as sky q can't see the network and that operates at this range. I have no problem with my iPhone which is compatible with 5ghz. Is there an advanced router setting that I'm overlooking?

13 REPLIES 13

lotharmat
Community elder
No - I think it is a known bug with the firmware! - I'd split the channels and disable "intelligent" WiFi!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi 2oldtorocknroll,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the hub.

Have you tried what lotharmat has suggested?

Alex_Rm

I'm not sure I know how to split the channels!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @2oldtorocknroll 

Thank you for coming back to me,  If you follow the information here it will talk you though how to split them. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Assuming Disable Channel Optimisation is what I should have ticked then this did not work. Shows clearly 24ghz has lost the changes where 5ghz has retained the SSID and password. See screenshots.

2oldtorocknroll_0-1629817063072.png2oldtorocknroll_1-1629817084463.png

Hey @2oldtorocknroll,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here on our forums.

I'm sorry for the issues that you're having at the moment with your connection. I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have an issue with your receiving downstream channels that need a technician visit to resolve.

I can book the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

You're very welcome @2oldtorocknroll and please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

Engineer visited and reset the strength of signals that were affecting my speed. Measured just short of 1 GB/s. Back to original point , last week the hub spontaneously rebooted. Since then I can't recreate the lost configuration. Did I get a firmware upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

I have just received and setup the Hub4 and I have had  within 24 hours the SSID and password defaulting to the Virgin ones.Would a solution although not ideal be simply to keep the default Virgin SSID and the password.