cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Issues - Gig1

Raident10
Dialled in

Hello everyone hope you’re well,

For the past week or so, I’ve noticed some issues with my Hub 4 Connection.

I’ve seen it reboot twice within the space of a week, once at around exactly 00:00 and this morning at around 3AM. As I also work night shifts at home, this affects my ability to work and this is happening whilst the hub is in Modem Mode (I use my own UDM Pro Router and another access point connected to it).

I have also set up a BQM Graph and there are some random ping spikes. Can someone from VM please check my Hub to see if it is in spec first of all?

The BQM Graph is below and I’ll copy the hub config for you.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/97d5ba5ab6574ba3534abb2ab2b0d00d96...

20 REPLIES 20

Hey Ashley and thanks for checking again,

Still getting the issues so might be down to my Router then. I’m going to change in the near future, as I don’t recall having this issue with my previous router. 

Hey Raident10, thank you for letting me know this, I have done a further test and found no issues again.

Please can you set another BQM up and post the link so I can take a look at the results. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hey Matthew and thanks for getting back to me again,

Yes of course. This time, I have factory reset the Modem before replacing the 3rd party Router I use again (completely separate brand to my previous Router). I set this up a few hours ago, so it will take time to show a bigger graph but already, it is still spiking with the ping. 😕

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95164b71a2fc3ba9c2a504a1c2e065148c... 

Take care,

Joe

Ps,

Here is the current log from the Modem. I’m not sure what these “Mismatch” events are?

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Tue 16/08/2022 08:53:525MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 16/08/2022 09:14:235DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 16/08/2022 09:24:545MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 16/08/2022 09:37:115DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue 16/08/2022 10:54:226CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Hi Raident10

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I've done a check again and no issues are showing, all levels in spec and no issues with SNR or congestion. Can you pop the modem into router mode for me so I can run 1 further check?

Let me know.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey John and thanks for getting back to me with the update,

Yes of course, it’s now in Router Mode for you.

Take care,

Joe

Hey John,

I was wondering if you’re done your tests yet? I need to put the modem back into modem mode shortly.

Joe

I’m going to have to put it back in Router Mode for now John but if you let me know as soon as you’re ready to do the test, let me know and I’ll put it back in Router mode. 🙂

Hi there @Raident apologies we weren't able to take a look earlier. 

We do need the router to be in router mode in order to be able to make full diagnostics checks, are you able to pop this back so we can take a look? 

Thanks again.

@Raident10 wrote:

Hey Matthew and thanks for getting back to me again,

Yes of course. This time, I have factory reset the Modem before replacing the 3rd party Router I use again (completely separate brand to my previous Router). I set this up a few hours ago, so it will take time to show a bigger graph but already, it is still spiking with the ping. 😕

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/95164b71a2fc3ba9c2a504a1c2e065148c... 

Your ping looks good not sure what the problem is? a small bump is fine parts 100ms is not fine given BQM is hosted in the UK. 

If you ping spike high when idle thats likely a upstream sudden load and ping buffers in the modem . 

Maybe its due to doing downloading or uploading and you spike high? for download it depends on the QoS/BWM used by VM for your area if load is high and you download at a slow speed then your upto speed your ping could buffer or if load is low you hit your upto speed and you buffer in the hub and being 1Gb more date comes in then the port and push out so you buffer that way doing QoS/BWM under your download speed can help. 

---------------------------------------------------------------