cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Horrible

RichLutz
Joining in

Appologies if this is in the incorrect section im new and i wanted to talk about the dreadful HUB 4 and the issues ive had over the last week -

Okay so firstly VM sold me into their GIG1 Package from my M500, Sent me the HUB4 out two days later got it activated and my speed didn't push past 20MB down wired and 6MB wireless,

Connected it into Modem Mode and ran my trusty DECO M5 Mesh connection instead, speeds improved but still quite poor,

Phoned up CS and they rebooted and sent an install Kick this did the job and was flying along at the advertised speeds.

24 Hours later back to square 1 again and slow slow connections, phoned CS the Guy says theres a lot of interferance its coming back as so im going to send an engineer in two days time.

Got up bright and early got a phone call at 8am from the Tech - We dont have GIG1 in your area so i can't come out and look or fix anything as were not trained on it so CS will call you and downgrade your package back to M500

Here is were the bigger issues began :

Firstly they have the incorrect package price of £44 as agreed there charging me £60 and wont do much about it.

And my speeds are basically BT FIBRE 1 Now -

Ive rebooted and reset the HUB4 Multiple times and used my DECO M5 & reset multiple times but my speeds are incredibly slow and nobody on the phone seems to be that interested somehow they have booked me an engineer out monday 1pm onwards to move the hub?
I think i need another hub preferably the hub3 again haha.

This morning i have reset it all again and turned it into modem mode but guess what?

The WIFI Is still being broadcast from the HUB4 as well as the DECO Mesh Network so somewhere along the lines the HUB4 Isn't doing as it's told and sounds the culprit to me.

Anyway from VM here have a closer look or someone offer me more advice as im pulling what hair i have left out and it's frustrating to say the least. 

Thanks!

22 REPLIES 22

Where would I see that sorry is it on Hub4 settings page somewhere or on the deco app ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will be the IP address of the first Deco, so should be visible on the app. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Checking in the app for the deco unit it is showing as :

[REMOVED] IP address

subnet mask 255.255.254.0

default gateway [REMOVED]

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RichLutz, thanks for getting in touch.

Really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your broadband upgrade & hub replacement. I wasn't able to check on this using your forum info alone on this occasion, if you get back to me via PM we'll do all we can to help get things sorted.

Tom 

Hi Tom thanks for your reply,

I eventually managed to speak to someone from retentions I believe who managed to get my old hub 3 activated again , we plugged this back in and since then had no issues strong connection and full 500 package as paid for.

she suggested that Hub4 isn’t really compatible for m500 package and issues like this do happen ? I’m unsure on how true this is.

i also somehow got another Hub4 sent to me so I will need to arrange to return these asap

thanks again 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@RichLutz thanks for the update, glad to hear the teams on the phone were able to find a solution. You can arrange for the return of the unwanted equipment via this link: https://virg.in/returnkit

If you encounter any more problems please let us know.

Tom

@RichLutz wrote:

Hi Tom thanks for your reply,

I eventually managed to speak to someone from retentions I believe who managed to get my old hub 3 activated again , we plugged this back in and since then had no issues strong connection and full 500 package as paid for.

she suggested that Hub4 isn’t really compatible for m500 package and issues like this do happen ? I’m unsure on how true this is.

i also somehow got another Hub4 sent to me so I will need to arrange to return these asap

thanks again 

The HUB4 isn't very good at 1gig package either to be honest.

BruceT
On our wavelength

Also having terrible intermittent issues with hub 4 on 1gb volt2 package. The service is very unstable and router keeps resetting to correct line connection issues. I think I have a faulty hub.

Hi BruceT,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing intermittent issues with your connection which you believe may be down to a faulty Router, I was able to find you on our system with the details we have for you , I can see you have spoken to us and it looks like this is being looked into further, what have we advise?

Regards

Paul.

BruceT
On our wavelength

Hi Paul

have a technician coming out today to replace the hub so let’s see how it goes. I’m holding thumbs it all works well post replacement.