cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Ethernet sockets

stonehaven2
Tuning in

How many ethernet sockets does the Hub 4 have?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Four.

All four useable in Router Mode.

One useable in Modem Mode.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The hub 4 has 4 Ethernet sockets.

virgin_media_hub4_official.jpg

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you need more network ports you can get a network switch

Just get an unmanaged gigabit >> switch << the metal case ones are better for heat dissipation.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

12 REPLIES 12

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Four.

All four useable in Router Mode.

One useable in Modem Mode.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The hub 4 has 4 Ethernet sockets.

virgin_media_hub4_official.jpg

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you need more network ports you can get a network switch

Thanks for your swift reply to me query. I have a Hub 3 but I was hoping that the Hub 4 would have more than just four sockets. I need a fifth socket as I have Sky multi room extender in one, one for my CCTV box, one for my son's bedroom and one for my office which connected by a 30 metre Cat 6 external cable. I wanted an extra socket for my mobile phone to update as I've no Wi-Fi signal in the office. I do have a Virgin range extender which cost me £55 a couple of years ago but no socket that I can use.

Just get an unmanaged gigabit >> switch << the metal case ones are better for heat dissipation.

Many thanks for this suggestion. By plugging the network switch into one of the routers sockets, would I be able to use two of the switches sockets feeding into the one hub socket?

Many thanks from a retired RAF Catering manager!

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great weekend.

Regards Mike

With a switch similar to the one in the link you use one port on the Hub to connect to the switch giving seven free ports on the switch.

This will give 10 ports available used in whatever permutation that you want.