Menu
jameshartley
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Eligibility

Is it possible to request an upgrade to a Hub 4 from a SuperHub 3? Or does it remain the case that only those in Gig1 areas are eligible?

My SuperHub 3 has started to randomly reboot recently, which has caused great inconvenience whilst trying to work. I can be certain that it is the whole device rebooting rather than just the fibre dropping, because I can see the system uptime reset to 0 in the web interface.

Instead of replacing the router & WiFi functionality with my own hardware and running the SuperHub 3 in modem mode, I wanted to check if there was the option of upgrading to the Hub 4.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Eligibility

@jameshartley wrote:

Is it possible to request an upgrade to a Hub 4 from a SuperHub 3? Or does it remain the case that only those in Gig1 areas are eligible?

My SuperHub 3 has started to randomly reboot recently, which has caused great inconvenience whilst trying to work. I can be certain that it is the whole device rebooting rather than just the fibre dropping, because I can see the system uptime reset to 0 in the web interface.

Instead of replacing the router & WiFi functionality with my own hardware and running the SuperHub 3 in modem mode, I wanted to check if there was the option of upgrading to the Hub 4.

Pretty sure it's just gig1 areas that are eligible for the 4, and even then, only if you're in a heavily contended area.. if your hub is faulty, it will likely be replaced with another 3. 

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 Eligibility

This is the position. The Hub 4 is primarily intended and available immediately for anyone who takes up the Gig1 offer from VM - where their area is has Gig1 available. That is how I got mine. The Hub 3 does not support Gig1 speeds.

In some other areas where there are known issues of congestion a Hub 4 may be offered to see if that helps. That is because the Hub 4 can take advantage of more downstream channels than the Hub 3.

If your Hub 3 is rebooting excessively sounds like a connection and signal strength issue to me. Either wait here for further advice to help diagnose, or call in a fault. It is unlikely in the extreme that your Hub 3 is faulty and Hub 4 probably won't improve matters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks