cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 BQM settings

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Hi, Because of constant internet dropouts & after 4 technician visits my hub has been changed from a hub 5 to a hub 4. When I have set up the BQM through thinkbroadband I’m now getting a predominantly red graph. The graph showed packet loss when monitoring the hub 5. I’m no longer getting internet dropouts so I’m guessing it’s something in the hub settings blocking the BQM from receiving / sending the required signal. Would anyone know how to adjust the hub settings to allow the BQM to work? 
thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The BQM should work without any settings on the Hub needing changed.  Just check you have the correct WAN IP setup in the BQM.  Sometimes the BQM will be a solid red, and this is a known issue if you check the Forum threads.

You could try a full 60 second factory reset and see if that helps;

Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I could understand if it was a solid block but it does respond to the BQM now and again. 
I’ll do another timed 60 second reset. 

Jacquimark_0-1683195959873.jpeg

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

are you in router mode?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Thanks for all the replies. I did a hub reset. I kept the pin pressed for just over 60 seconds, The hub light flashed again. I then waited until the Wi-Fi had returned before plugging in the Ethernet connections. The BQM now appears to be working. 

Jacquimark_2-1683223378984.jpeg

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

Noooo!!

Jacquimark_1-1683223602699.jpeg

I give up 😁. At least the internet is working 👍🏼
& yes it’s in router mode. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jacquimark 

My hub was changed recently and the new hub gave me a new ip address.  It may the same for you.

Have you checked that your BQM is monitoring the correct IP address?

Go to this site https://whatismyipaddress.com/  and make a note of the ip address, then check it's the same as the one that's set up for your BQM. If it's different then you need to edit your BQM on Think Broadband.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

are you using a IP for BQM or DNS? 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jacquimark
On our wavelength

The BMQ is through thinkbroadband it uses the IP of the router. Looking at past screen shots from the previous hub 5 the IP address has changed to the new hub 4 IP address, so thinkbroadband is now monitoring the hub 4 ip and it’s using the IP address from whatismyipaddress.