cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 2.4ghz signal switches off automatically

zhoalex999
Joining in

Hello. My huv 4 automatically disables 2.4ghz wireless signal. In wireless signal settings I enable it manually. But it keeps switching it off automatically. 5ghz signal is working OK. Can I get some advice how to resolve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset and see if that sorts it - if not call it in as faulty.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !

Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

wolfyccfc
On our wavelength

I had this very issue when I upgraded to 1gb service and changed to a hub 4, 2.4 would show up but devices would struggle to connect, I looking in the router setting you would the. See 2.4 had disappeared.after around 3-4 days of trying various things I contacted customer service got an engineer visit booked in. He changed the hub4 over and set up their WiFi plugs for me and all has been good since.

Mattg68
On our wavelength

Exactly the same thing has stated happening for me. Could you confirm what your wireless settings are now set to please.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mattg68, 

Thank you for your post 🙂

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues.

I have checked our systems and there seems to be issues with your downstream, I can book a tech in to get this resolved, keep an eye our for the small purple envelope 😄

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mattg68,

Thank you for messaging me 🙂 

I am glad we were able to book an appointment for you. If wish to change or view this, you can do so here.

Hope all goes well and please keep us posted.

Zoie