cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 2.4ghz not working

james_m93
Joining in

My 2.4ghz network shows as active however it does not appear available on any device to connect to I have followed all sorts of resets and changing the connection name/wifi settings/router reboot but no joy. I have only realised this is the problem as I tried to connect a second device that only supports 2.4ghz (first one stopped worked when I had vm installed I thought it was the device but now makes sense it’s the router) it must be a fault on the hub 4 and likely need a engineer or replacement hub? please can you help?

the two devices I’m trying to connect are a Sonos one Alexa speaker and a ring gen 2 doorbell 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A few people have reported similar issues.

Try turning off "smart wifi" /channel optimisation in the Hubs settings and renaming the 2 bands into separate individual SSID's - save the changes. and see if it "sticks"

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey james_m93, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues.

I would like to look into this for you via PM, I am going to send you a PM.

Please can you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?