Menu
brambledog87
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3

Hi,

I just wanted to check what an orange light means on the front of the virgin media hub 3 box. The internet is quite intermittent which is frustrating. 

Many thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3

There's no recognised error state for an orange LED on the Hub 3.  If you haven't already, try a pinhole reset, see if that fixes it.  If not, there's a probable hardware fault.  Whilst ordinarily that would mean a replacement hub, VM seem to have got themselves in a catastrophic pickle with regard to supply of new hubs, and availability is poor (unless of course, you're a new customer, strangely enough).  Try the pinhole reset, see if either the colour changes to white (or magenta if using in modem mode), or the connection problems resolve. 

If the connection problem doesn't improve, then connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text not images or screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time. Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Mark

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues with your broadband. I have been running some remote diagnostics which has confirmed some errors with your connection. I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos