cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3

UA16785
Joining in

I currently have Hub 3.0 and since yesterday I have been getting steady red/magenta light at the bottom of my router. Now I have checked my hub's advanced settings and no it is not running in modem mode, It is running as router and I haven't changed or altered those settings ever. I even checked my hub physically and there is no damage or neither it is overheating. How do I contact Virgin media? I tried calling on 0345 454 1111 and that just takes me through automatic troubleshooting methods. I think I will need a replacement hub. 

10 REPLIES 10

UA16785
Joining in

Oh yeah I also forgot to mention that my internet connection is fine and my services are running as normal. Just red light on my hub.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The red LED is an overheat warning and should be working, If not it's a possible fire risk.

Power cycle the Hub and if the red LED stays on the Hub will need to be replaced as a precaution.

A VM Mod has already picked this up, so I imagine it will be sorted soon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi UA16785

Thanks for taking the time to raise the Hub 3 issue with us via the forums, we appreciate you taking the time and the concerns this can cause. Welcome to the community.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to get this looked into further, if you have had the chance to power cycle the hub and the red light is still showing let me know in the reply 🙂

Rob

I have reset my hub several times but as soon as I turn on my hub I get red/magenta light instead of normal white light.

Hi Rob - Thanks for your reply. I have tried the power cycle by turning off and on several times since yesterday but no luck. As soon as I turn on my Hub, the red light comes on at the bottom instead of normal white. Yet my services aren't affected and are running as normal.

Hi @UA16785

Thank you for your further post.

Did you receive the private message from my colleague Rob? If so, if you could pop him a reply there please he will be able to arrange a replacement hub for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for your reply @Vikki_M, Yes Rob did replied to me the other day and technician visit has been booked for tomorrow afternoon.

Hi @UA16785

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

Did the tech visiting replace the hub? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes! The technician did arrive yesterday and replaced my hub. Apparently the light was faulty on my old hub. All sorted now.