cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 yellow powerlight after internet outage

Astelle
Joining in

Hello.

So last night my interenet cut out for about 3mins then came back, however i noticed then that the wifi light was flashing green and the white powerlight became a solid yellow. Now all is working mostly fine but the power light is still yellow which it was never perviously. also the wireless tv in my parents room that connects through wifi stopped working last night a few hours after the initial internet outage, that is since working again. But i have noticed my download speeds seems to be conistently lower since the yellow light appeared. down from 100mb/s to 85mb/s and mobile wifi appears to be slower than before with images loading much slower than before. whilst my pc with a wired connection is normal.

Tldr: Internet died last night, white powerllight became yellow and now im having some interent issues that were not present before.

I have seen some posts in the past where the yellow light necesitated a hub replacment. would that be advidable in this case, also this hub is only 1.5 years old at max, it got replaced last year from my hub 2 when it blew a capacitor.

Astelle

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Astelle thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing a poor WiFi service.  I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee.

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.
The issue is still present.

I do not see your Private message, was it because i took a while to respond, my bad.

Astelle

Hi @Astelle thanks for getting back to me.

I'll re-send the private message now.

Regards

Lee

Hi @Astelle thanks for confirming your details. 

Can you please confirm if you've tried a pinhole reset? You can get details of how to do this here.  It takes your hub back to factory settings and clears most issues.

Regards

Lee

I have not done that, I wanted to ask first what changes that will make to the router, I believe all that will do is mean I have to re connect all my devices again. But I wanted to ask first, will that reset the password of the router to factory too?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Astelle, 

Yes the pinhole reset puts the hub back to factory condition and the login/passwords will revert back to those shown on the base of the hub.

A screen will pop up confirming those details, just log into the browser with them and change the SSID and password back to the ones you currently use if you've changed them.  Your equipment will then reconnect automatically.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Astelle,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your Hub issue.

As @newapollo stated, the Pin-hole reset will return the Hub back to factory settings.

Please give this a try if you're happy with this, as the Pin-Hole reset can clear issues on the line which are potentially impacting your service.

Keep us updated on this further if you can.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs