cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 wireless bridge with TP-Link Archer C2

RockySpears
Joining in

Hub 3 with pretty much default settings bar the password.

Archer C2  to be used as a wireless bridge to connect PC with Ethernet cable from Archer.

I had this working fine, it is not hard:  Turn on wireless-bridge mode on Archer, select wireless network to be bridged, turn off Archer DHCP, job done.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/440/

This failed for some reason and I cannot get it to work again.  Is there anything that may have changed on the Hub 3 that may have caused this?  I am sure there are loads of you out there doing this as it "just worked", but now, seems broke,

Thank you

RS

17 REPLIES 17

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get another router to use as a router and put hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It worked fine before. The Hub wireless is fine. PC has much better connection using the archer rather than a dongle. Just want to reinstate the archer, 

Thank you,

RS 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Did you try resetting the Archer and setting up again from scratch?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yep, 

It just seems so silly that I think I am missing the obvious. I am now trying the set up on a different hub3

RS 

check the firmware of the hub

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RockySpears wrote:

Yep, 

It just seems so silly that I think I am missing the obvious. I am now trying the set up on a different hub3

RS

What different Hub3 - you can only have one Hub connected to the network on one VM account.  Do you mean on someone elses account and Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes, different account.  Set the Archer up for my son, all worked fine for 6 - 8 months, maybe more. 

Now nothing.  tried to set up with my router and I end up with the 169 ip address, can't ipfconfig renew because it cannot find the DHCP server, ie the archer is not bridging to the hub for whatever reason,

Software version    9.1.1912.304

RS

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What's the IP address of the Archer?

Can you use an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

The archer is 192.168.0.2  to avoid collision with the hub.

I need the archer to connect to the Hub via wireless then the PC from the archer via cable as the PC wifi connection seems poor, but with the Archer doing the bridging all was good.  ,

RS