cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 - updating / access denied

adyking
Tuning in

Hi I've been having problems getting online (intermittent) for around a week but it seems to have given up completely today, no Internet for hours.

I've tried rebooting,  pinhole reset, checked cables but nothing.

In the setting menu it states 'access denied'

I've also noticed the 'updating in progress' window keeps popping up when trying to open the settings window. 

At the moment I have a solid green light on the hub which seems to flash a couple of times every minute. 

Any help getting back online would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you first checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the reply, there are no issues in my area. It's always the first thing I check.

Still no Internet, the access denied thing is worrying me. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in and see what they say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi adyking,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your hub. 

I have checked our side and have been unable to locate your account. 

I'm unsure if you've been able to contact the team. Please do let us know if you still require assistance. 

^Martin