Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 stuck on solid green light

mjay2000
On our wavelength

On status page of modem I get:

internet (access denied).

and the status page:

Cable Modem StatusItemStatusCommentsAcquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranging
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Update in progress
undefined
Provisioning State

what’s wrong with it? Updates don’t normally take this long…

8 REPLIES 8

mjay2000
On our wavelength

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1427000000-929256 qam37

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked29118907163331164

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 00:20:32criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:20:30critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:20:30criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Hub is offline for some reason.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset and don’t reboot the Hub. Just let it sit for about 10 minutes to sort itself out. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mjay2000
On our wavelength

Thanks, I’ll leave it for now. I let it update for “45 mins” or so, and it’s still the same. Did a pinhole reset and after and it’s still the same.

On the app/website, it shows there is no outage or issues but when I ring +44 345 454 1111, it says there is a problem in my area and engineers are working hard to fix it. Strange.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page as VM "Areas" are not Geographic” - they are "legacy billing" areas - related to the original companies that were merged into VM

And as such... that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

So looks like yours is a local issue.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, unfortunately they provided a resolution for F010339797, which was a local fault in my area. But after talking to CS, they say that my services shouldn’t be affected by it. Funny because I only started having this issue yesterday…. Also as soon as it came on the live service tracking app, it was miraculously resolved and investigated within an hour. Still no internet. The hub can clearly receive a signal though, it’s only receiving downstream signals not upstream signals though and hub appears to be have been made offline.

Hi @mjay2000,

Sorry for the issues with your service.

Checking things this end, your hub is showing as unreachable and I note a technician visit has been booked in for you.

Let us know how it goes so we can offer further support if required 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mjay2000
On our wavelength

Issue is fixed now. The issue was the street cabinet and/or the wiring connection outside the home.

Service has been back since engineer visit.

That's great to hear @mjay2000 and thank you so much for letting us know. 

Please do pop back to the community forums if you do need any further help. 

Thanks again.