cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 solid red light

Ocky
Joining in

Hello

My power light, previously white, has been solid red for the last couple of days. It is out in the open and not hot to the touch. I have had it unplugged all day and it went straight to red after putting power cable after 8 hours. I have also tried the pin reset. I understand this means there is a 'potential' for overheating and it needs to be replaced? (Been waiting for a WhatsApp 'customer retention expert' for 2 hours)

TIA 

Ocky 

2 REPLIES 2

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ocky

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the hub.

You have already done the checks we would recommend so we will now need to replace the hub.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ocky

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details so we could book the engineer visit for the red light issue. This visit will be viewable in your online account - virg.in/myVM - within 1 hour. You'll be able to amend or cancel it from there.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Let us know how the visit goes or if you need further assistance.
Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill